Information for Prospective Students
Who Should Apply?
- Students from all cultural, racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, linguistic, and special needs backgrounds
- Students who have interests in careers related to advanced manufacturing technologies and STEM
- Students who are seeking a hands-on and relevant educational experience
- Students who may be under-prepared in a traditional setting but have the academic potential and willingness to accept the challenge to accelerate their future by attending high school and college at the same time
- Eighth grade students who reside in Wilson County and have successfully completed all requirements for promotion to the ninth grade
- Students who have a sincere commitment and strong desire to work diligently throughout the school year
- Students who will commit to the program for at least one year
- Students who are in good academic standing, have acceptable attendance, conduct, disciplinary records, and possess strong work ethics and study skills
What is the Application Process?
- Complete the Wilson Academy of Applied Technology (WAAT) application
- The following information should be included with the completed application: report cards from 7th and 8th grade, and End-of-Grade and End-of-Course test scores.
- Submit your application to your school counselor or mail it to:
Wilson Academy of Applied Technology
4510 Old Stantonsburg Road.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What is the Selection Process?
- Grades and End-of-Grade and End-of-Course test scores will be reviewed to determine the ability to succeed in college level coursework.
- Student attendance and discipline profiles will be considered.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with selected students by the Wilson Academy of Applied Technology admissions team.
- First generation college students will be given priority.
- Other factors are: 8th grade competency questions, interest assessment, and an essay question.