Quick Facts about Wilson Academy of Applied Technology
- Wilson Academy of Applied Technology (WAAT) is an early college high school. Students are dually enrolled in high school and college at the same time.
- Students can earn a high school diploma and an Associate degree from Wilson Community College for FREE!
- It is a five-year program.
- The focus of the school is centered-around advanced manufacturing technologies and STEM.
- The program is embedded on Beddingfield High School’s campus and Wilson Community College’s campus.
- Transportation is provided for all selected students.
- Any rising 9th Grader is eligible to apply.
- We have small class sizes. (15 to 20 student per class)
- Manufacturing norms and processes will be simulated throughout the program.
- Students can participate in clubs and volunteer opportunities provided by the school.
- Students will participate in job shadowing and internship experiences.
- The program of study is hands-on, allowing students to have relevant experiences with equipment and advanced technologies.
- We are considered a public school.
- The school day is from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.